Monday 22 October 2012

The Pinafore Dress



I spotted this girl (pictured above) whilst shoe shopping in Covent Garden the other day. I just loved her pinafore dress, which I found out from the lovely girl is actually a school uniform. I love how she prevented the pinafore from being to cutesy with the addition of some mannish chelsea boots and a sheer blouse with just a black bra. The red lipstick is the perfect finishing touch!

I love pinafore dresses and dungarees, but they must be worn carefully. To tone down the girliness of a pinafore, I recommend some tough-girl accessorising like a leather jacket or you could vamp it up a little with a peak of bra showing through a sheer top and black eyeliner.

Here are two examples of how I would style this basic black pinafore dress from JW Anderson for Topshop:

(Clockwise from top left: Acne leather jacket, JW Anderson for Topshop pinafore dress, Marc by Marc Jacobs satchel, black tights, Servane Gaxotte necklace, Chanel booties, T by Alexander Wang turtleneck sweater)



(Clockwise from top left: Lanvin bag, Hermes scarf, Balenciaga coat, Comme des Garcons shirt, pinafore dress as before, Opening Ceremony wedges, grey tights)


With love,

Thais

1 comment: