Tuesday 23 October 2012

A touch of neon.


Here is a really simple and easy DIY way to update a plain shirt. 

The one I used is an old basic white shirt with a pocket from Massimo Dutti which I felt needed a little something to perk it up. Its the only plain white cotton shirt that I own but I have yet to find the perfect white shirt with the perfect collar, cuffs, buttons and fit to suit my liking that's not too expensive. Since this one does not tick all my boxes I decided to colour it in a little... literally. 

All you need is a fabric pen in the colour of choice and a plain collared shirt (with a pocket on the chest is the best). This DIY project is so simple that it doesn't need much explanationl; simple colour in the collar and pocket of the shirt (being careful not to get pen on other parts of the shirt) until fully and evenly coloured in! 

I wore it buttoned up to the top to really show off the collar with some leather pants, a soft tailored jacket and converse.
(The shirt details may look more lemon yellow in the photo but in real life it is a really fluorescent neon yellow)

(shirt, Massimo Dutti; jacket, Isabella Oliver; pants, Whistles; bag, Cos; hat, Joseph; converse)


With love,
Thais

7 comments:

  1. love the neon color! you're gorgeous :) xx


    skinnyfoxx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look super cute yet smart in this outfit! love that pop of neon against leather!!

    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. un look genial!

    New post on my blog
    http://sweet-perdition.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post and neon shirt!!
    xx

    http://trendsconnections.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete