Friday 12 October 2012

An Introduction



Hello!
...And so I begin my foray into the world of Fashion blogging... How to begin? Well let me tell you a little about myself, an introduction of sorts.

Starting with the basics:
My name is Thais. (It's pronounced 'Thai -ees' and the 'i' has two dots on it)
I'm 16 years old. I live in London. I love fashion. I quit school this year... And let's leave it at that for now, I'd like there to be an air of mystery around me and let you do some guesswork.

Hold on... I better elaborate on the 'I quit school' bit. Yes, I am a high school drop out! I left school because I wanted to explore the 'real world' and pursue a career in fashion. I was not interested in studying subjects that I don't love for two more years at school when I could be learning far more by doing work experience in the fashion industry and then going on to Art school with some understanding of what work is like. I also get more free time to work on my fashion design portfolio as right now I want to do into fashion design, although that may change. So I decided to begin 'No Smile, No Style' as a way to express myself, and let loose all those thoughts, images and ideas that whizz around inside my head. My aim is provide a source of inspiration through my outfits, photographs, fashion design projects and other fashion related ideas that I will share. Above all I want to share with you the fun that I'm having on my fashion adventure and learning more about myself through the clothes I wear.

I named the blog 'No Smile, No Style', not because I think you have to smile to be stylish (!), but because of the notion that style is more than just the clothes a person wears and the shoes they walk in; style is about the person behind the outfit and the way that they carry their clothes. So in effect, even if a person is wearing the most gorgeous jacket, if they have a miserable expression on their face, the jacket won't look as gorgeous on them. Style should be an extension of one's soul; an expression that reflects who you are to others.

For my first ever post, I'll share with you what I wore today.
I got the jacket, skirt, sweater and shoes all on sale, which is rather satisfying knowing I bought beautiful quality pieces for half the normal price! The skirt is especially special: it's by Carven, one of my favourite brands right now, and I found it at the end of the sale hanging alone on a rack calling out to me! The photo does not do the skirt justice, it may look white but its actually a beautiful shimmery silver with beige geometric embroidery.

I hope this post tells you a little about myself; there is much more to come!


(jacket, The Kooples; skirt, Carven; sweater, Joseph; snood, American Apparel; shoes and tights, Asos.com) 


With Love,
Thais

1 comment:

  1. Chanced upon your blog and enjoy reading it!!
    and btw, welcome to this new blogosphere!! <33

    ReplyDelete